Flying by....

>> Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another semester is almost at an end... 2 more weeks and then I will - REALLY! - be done with course work.

Really, I could have been done already, but my comp supervisor was teaching a course related to the topic of my first comp exam, so she suggested I audit it. And THEN she pushed me to also do all of the assignments, which I really didn't need to since I'm only auditing, but I have done none-the-less. I have finished all of the weekly readings and papers now (I scooted ahead to get them out of the way) and am almost done the book review she wants.

Did not mind doing that one too much, since I'm using 2 of the books from my comps list, so it certainly won't hurt me any. There is one other assignment as well, though, that I am not at all enthusiastic about. IF it was a course I was actually taking and getting a mark for, it might be worth a 3hour (1 way) drive to an archive for a relevant primary source. But since I am not.... yeah... no!

It has taken FOREVER to get my comps list sorted - now that it FINALLY is (cue the happy-dancing penguins) I am eager to get at that and get at least one full section out of the way before the holidays. 20 books, 1 essay ..... I can do this. 2 sections before Christmas would be even better, but that might be pushing it....

But a primary source assignment that really is not that relevant and not worth anything...? Nope, I don't think so.

1 comments:

  • cardiogirl
     

    Will that comp supervisor have the nerve to say anything about that last project that would require a three-hour drive one way to get the source material?

    If so, that's a heck of a lot of nerve right there. I suppose it's all in the name of education but it sounds like a huge commitment (auditing the class in addition to actually taking the other classes.)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors


View My Stats

Nontraditional Students R Us

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations