Answer to Mike's Question about online courses

>> Friday, May 15, 2009

Mike writes:

I am looking for an online course for web design and development. I have tried the traditional colleges (and prefer them), however, I find them not user friendly to the student who is not full-time, residing on the campus, etc. I find it difficult to get the classes I want or need because the 'full-time' students get the slots and then the part-time students can get in if there is an opening. If there are not enough full time students enrolled, then they cancel the class. Any suggestions? Thanks

5 comments:

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    It's "Ask flit, the uber student/professor!" I love it. You know, there are a lot of people considering going back to school. You are a real resource.

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Darling, did you mean to give this a title?

  • flit
     

    thanks Steph...hadn't noticed it was missing

  • Matt Grawitch
     

    I would recommend that Mike look for a school that offers something in computer science but is tailored to adult education. Many schools offer professional studies programs that account for the adult learner or the non-traditional student. Then, he could take courses onground or online in a way that makes sense for someone with a full-time job.

  • Mike
     

    Wow - great information - not being in a heavy populated area and college choices are few, I don't have the luxury of looking at many schools. Some schools don't offer any IT related courses. Since I going to do the work and my employer pays for the courses - I would like the college credit if I can get it. I had looked at University of Phoenix, but several folks in my company that have taken course there were not impressed with the service level of the school - the interactions with the professor to get assistance was next to impossible. I will check out some of the other resources in this post, and I have found a college that might fit my needs, although I do not know much about it - Art Institute of Pittsburgh - online.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors


View My Stats

Nontraditional Students R Us

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations